Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Walking in Rome

I was born and raised in Rome, Italy. After marrying an American, we settled in Rome for several years, but later moved to the US. I thought I knew Rome pretty well, but as I came back from the US on visits, and walked around as a tourist, I discovered so many fascinating aspects, besides the major monuments. Walking as a tourist in my own city led to the idea to write a book, Walk Rome (available  on iTunes).

We researched by walking its streets, visiting the museums, monuments and other attractions, recording our observations in order to provide a tourist an in-depth, in-context understanding of the ancient and modern surroundings. In fact, there are many interesting things to see as you walk from one major attraction to the next. This blog will show some of the lesser known, intriguing, charming and curious sights of the Eternal City. Come along as we explore Rome a little at a time. Historical, artistic and amusing facts will abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment